tracking

Monday, May 3, 2010

Tales from potty training..

Our big beach vacay is quickly approaching so potty training at our "crib" is getting serious. (if you havent read my previous post my goal is to not take diapers on the trip)

I know, I know he is really young to be potty training but he honestly started showing interest on his own about 4 months ago and we have just been letting him go as he wants (no pressure). The hubs and I were both potty trained by the time we were 2 as well.

Fast forward to now, he has been dry all weekend (minus after waking up in the morning) but we just cant seem to get him to poop in the potty. He is getting some better, he will now actually sit on the potty for more than 2 seconds. He will come get me and say poop potty and we will go sit for 10 minutes and NOTHING. Then I promise 15 min later he will go in his underwear. So he feels the need to go but I swear I think he is afraid to poop in the potty.

Is there any way I can show him not be afraid to poop in the potty??

8 comments:

  1. I have no potty training advice! I waited until my older two were 3 to pt. That way, it took a day or two and they were done.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am jealous of it only taking a day or two

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from BlogFrog; I'm following you,
    would love to get follow back at;
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard shutting the lid before flushing so they can't "see it go down" helps with that. Something about them being scared parts of their body are going down there. Also the small potties made from them that don't splash my help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I heard helping them empty the poo into the potty is helpful. That way they see where it is suppose to go. We are in teh middle of this with my almost two year old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry no advice here. My little man just started pooping in the potty and he still sleeps with a pull up on otherwise we get to change the sheets when he wakes up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eads family..i am so glad im not the only one who is potty training under 2. So many have told me he is just too young. Thanks for the tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, you had me at ...rocking the minivan. Very cute. I have decided after two who did things completely opposite of sterotypes, that it is personality dependent. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete