tracking

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Meet a new Blogger...mommyofaladybug

Babies Babies Everywhere


We have a one year old. She is the best thing God has ever done for us! She is our world. Now the questions becomes, When is the next one to come? I used to always say I never wanted my kids to be to close in age. My sister and I were 2 years apart growing up and had an awful relationship. I didn’t want my kids to go through that. Then in the last 2 months we have a new niece, a best friend had a baby, and so on and so on. Its babies babies everywhere!!!! It gives you (me) baby fever! All I think about now is babies. Then to myself I start saying, “Is it to soon? Would they get along? Maybe it’s a sign!.....” So how do you know when it is right to start planning for another child?

I tried to talk to the husband and see what his thoughts were and he says the infamous husband saying, “Whatever you think honey. I will go along with it.” In my head I am saying but will he really or is this his way of telling me ok drop it I said what you wanted me to now next topic. Haha I love him but that he does sometimes.

Then I talk to friends … Friend # 1 says, “Another One? Really? One is enough!” (She has a bad pregnancy and delivery that makes her think that way. She isn’t against kids or anything. Lol) Friend #2 says, “Oh now! My brother and I were a year and half apart and we got along great and were so close.” Friend #3 says, “ At least 2 more years. They need to be spaced out. Think about the future. Cars, Proms, and College.” So friends = no help! Everyone has great points (Except for the just have one. I definitely want another one!)

So then came family… Family = DRAMA Enough said!!!!!!

So the lingering question how soon is to soon to have another child after your first one?? Blogging may be the best way to get a helpful answer. We will see….

2 comments:

  1. I've discovered that if you ask 100 people about kid spacing, you'll get 100 different answers! The best thing to do is go with your gut. My husband has 2 sisters (twins) who are 7 years older. I had 1 sister 2 years younger and then another brother and sister MUCH younger (10 and 17 years.) We knew we wanted our kids close together. We have 2 boys who are 20 months apart and are probably going to try for a 3rd who will have about the same spacing. :) My sis and I always got along wonderfully, though with normal sibling rivalry and drama. If you're thinking it's time for another...maybe it is! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you wait until you're ready, you'll never be! I have siblings that are close in age - a brother less than 2 years younger than me - and brothers that are 8 and 9 years younger than I am. I am close with them all. My kids are a day shy of 18 months apart. It wasn't planned, but it gets easier every day!

    ReplyDelete