tracking

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Moments on Fathers Day

So I have to tell you the sweet moment that melted my and Hubbys heart.

With Sunday being Fathers Day, Boppers and I got up early and were going to surprise Hubby with donuts and choc. milk for bfast in bed. So we start getting ready and I had told Bop that today was Daddys special day and that we were going to surprise him.

So after getting ready, Bop goes into our bedroom and opens the drawer to pull out one of Hubbys old wallets. Then he goes to the drawer where we keep our spare change and fills his wallet up with change. While doing this he tells me that, he pays for daddys prize (aka surprise). I know, I know he gets his sweetness from me lol

But wait it gets sweeter, we go to the store and get our donuts. I set him on the counter to pay and he pulls out his wallet and begins counting his change (2, 3, 6, 9 ok so we need to work on numbers) and the whole time he is saying " I pay, daddys prize".

Oh man, I wanted to burst into tears right there. Boppers knew he loved his daddy and HE wanted to do something special for him. That was the best gift we could ever give Hubby bc Boppers did it himself.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Your son is adorable..... and your Father's Day memory soooooo sweet! My little girl is the same age, though she's not talking much yet due to her being born with a cleft, but we're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that is a sweet story for sure! I'm sure you won't ever forget this one! Too cute.

    :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys for the sweet comments! It is these sweet moments that I will treasure forever as a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that's what it's all about ... wonderful post. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet. Enjoy it while it lasts!!

    ReplyDelete